The Weekly Recommender, 2014/41
It’s easy to press star, like, favorite or bookmark in an app while consuming content. I do this regularly in Feedbin, Instapaper or Pinboard, but once I pressed the button I never revisit the saved stuff. There are many great articles, libraries and tools out there that I saved for keeping because they could be useful to me at some point in the future, but when I would need them I don’t think about looking in my archives because I forgot that I encountered and saved them.
The Weekly Recommender is a new weekly series that I plan to write for two purposes, giving myself a reason to revisit the content I encountered the past week, collect them in one place and make the highlights accessible to my readers.
- AngularJS Tutorial: A Comprehensive 10,000 Word Guide
- Accessing and Debugging Symfony Form Errors
- CSS Triggers
- wgrep is a command line utility for running selector queries against URLs
- Adaptive Backgrounds: A jQuery plugin for extracting dominant colors from images and applying it to its parent.
- iTerm Replacement Icon
- Inquisitive #8: A Little More Playful, with Shawn Blanc
- 99% Invisible #134: The Straight Line Is A Godless Line
- The Web Ahead #86: Componentizing the Web with Rob Dodson
- Debug #44: Brianna Wu, Amanda Warner, and Revolution 60
- Pete Warden: Why nerd culture must die
- Kinja: What Is Gamegate, and Why? An Explainer for Non-Geeks
- Elle: Lessons From Grimes on How To Be a Boss
- Jo Freeman: The Tyranny of Structurelessness
- Laurie Penny: Why We’re Winning: Social Justice Warriors and the New Culture War
- If Ron Swanson Quotes Were Motivational Posters